[pct-l] MY BIGFOOT HOAX IDEA

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 13:21:56 CST 2012

While I never did this, I planned how to - it would have been great fun. I would create a few "authentic" Bigfoot sightings  along Road 20 that reaches Fort Bragg, from Willits in Northern California.  In places, this road is very curvy with several hairpin curves. The *sightings" would always happen at night - best if timed when the visibility is somewhat impaired by fog or rain. Of course, it would be a man in an ape suit. I had a friend there who was very big, strong, and, most important, tall. Norm stood about six feet six inches and, every year, when we had the Paul Bunyan Days Parade in Fort Bragg, he would be PAUL BUNYAN. Norm would walk down the street, during the parade, with his mediun length black beard, wearing a bright red plaid shirt, and carrying a big axe on his shoulder. Back to the HOAX: He would appear on the side of the road in the middle of a hairpin curve. The car headlights would only sweep past him for a couple of seconds
 as Bigfoot turned and left the shoulder of the road.. Not enough time to get a good look. I'm sure drivers' would report these "Bigfoot sightings". What fun for the perpetrators of the hoax!  We never actually did this. It would have taken too much time - and I was busy with other projects. I never even approached Norm with the idea. He would have also, most likely, have also been too busy to invest the needed time. But, it would have been GREAT FUN!

MendoRider-Hiker