[pct-l] Fwd: Erik the Black's PCT Atlas for sale $80

jifnuts at earthlink.net jifnuts at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 08:44:37 CST 2012

Hey everyone,

I have Erik the Black's PCT Atlas for sale for $80 including shipping. The books are in great condition, the binding is intact, no missing or ripped pages. Some smudges. I used the books on my thru this past summer and was really satisfied with them.

Pros:
you only have to mail maps to yourself four times (there are five books)
they're light
the books are all inclusive, with maps, data points, elevation profiles, town maps and information
they're reusable, you can sell them or keep when you're done hiking
the layout is intuitive and easy to follow

Cons:
the maps are smaller than some other options. I didn't find this a problem as I carried a GPS in the Sierra when the trail was covered by snow and for the rest of the hike, the maps were sufficient (ex. coming to a fork in the road)
there were a few instances of inaccuracies with mileages and elevation. Again, I didn't find this a big problem, it was infrequent

I will be glad to email pictures if interested. I was really happy with these for the convenience of everything in one small book and not having to carry, dispose, and send lots of maps to myself.

If interested, email eisrael AT earthlink DOT net.

-EI