[pct-l] 2012 thru-hike

Philippe Gouvet philippe.gouvet at orange.fr
Wed Feb 1 07:55:15 CST 2012

Dear friends,

I will be thru-hiking this year. Since I intend to start early, very early (April 5, probably), I will not be attending KO. And I thought it might be an idea to sort of introduce myself anyway.
I am a 61-year-old Frenchman, and I have been a member of PCTA for 15 years. Ever since I met Charlie Jones at Red's Meadow, during a JMT hike, and he introduced me to the PCT. So I know exactly who I will have to blame for the months to come.
I have been dreaming of the PCT since then, 1996. I have just retired and think now is the time. At last.
I feel honored to become a member of the thru-hiking community, but I will first check, over the coming months, whether I truly deserve that honor.
Looking forward to meeting some of you on the trail.

Philippe

Philippe Gouvet
pacificcresttrail2012.blogspot.com
http://philippegouvet.zenfolio.com