[pct-l] Snow compared;

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Mon Dec 24 15:30:13 CST 2012

We used to have about 20-25 SOBO each year. When the Govt threatened the
hikers with a $5,000 fine and a year in the clink.....the numbers dropped
to just a couple each year. Some try to go in from Rainy Pass and hike
north to the border and then back but the food logistics are a pain. My
opinion.....if the Govt was so worried about the terrorists they could post
someone at the monument for a month and check papers and ID there. After
that the SOBO would be through. There's always going to be a few brave
souls who hope they don't get caught and walk South anyway. Snow for the
SOBO was usually passable by early to mid June.

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore