[pct-l] looking for hiking partner

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Dec 11 16:29:03 CST 2012

Good afternoon, Alexandra,

If you intend to start at the Mexico/U.S. border and hike the entire PCT on
one year the typical starting time is late April.  Near the border most
hikers attend the ADZPCTKO gathering http://pct77.org/adz/ where there will
be hundreds of northbound hikers, and probably several dozen in your
circumstance.  The first month or so on the trail you will be hiking in
loose association with them and you will naturally fall in with like-minded
hikers.

Finding a partner(s) on the trail usually works out far better than trying
to prearrange a partnership.  All of this is a good reason for hikers to
have all their own gear rather than having any sharing plan.

Enjoy your planning and your trip,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/