[pct-l] Vitamin I

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:28:25 CST 2012

I have heard the effect of Tart Cherry for the first time. There are
not many papers. I found 8 papers in PubMed. But, the following is a
well designed research -- Randomized Comparative Trial and Double
blind technique.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496666  ---free access paper.

Result: The 7 days ingesting  of cherry juice ( 355 ml ) for long
distance runners ( 26 km ) resulted reducing reported muscle pain.

There are some limitations.
1. Baseline score( subjective pain) was different between placebo and
cherry group. That of placebo group is lower than that of cherry
group. That is: Two groups was not completely equal.
2. Reported score is subjective. So, there was a possibility that the
flavor or taste had some effect.

Thanks for information

--
Sincerely