[pct-l] overnight in angeles crest

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 5 14:14:49 CST 2012

My favorite spot on the crest is Blue Ridge. The road is probably closed now, so you could hike PCT to Guffy and have it all to yourself. From Guffy you could follow the obvious route up to Pine and Dawson Peaks.

Islip Saddle to Little Jimmy is a good overnighter, but maybe too easy for you guys. From Little Jimmy the PCT goes right to the top of Baden-Powell with side trips to Throop and Burnham.

Mt Pacifico would be a good one, also. About 20 miles round trip from Mill Creek Summit. Nice campground at the top, which is just a short side trip off the PCT.

These recent storms might have dumped some snow up there.

http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm

Gary