[pct-l] "I'm Fine.....Lost Hiker North Cascades

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 20:42:15 CST 2012

Dear Nathan,
you came across as defensive to me when you wrote:   "Can you tell me what disaster Ian's route led to and what evidence you have that he was unprepared for the conditions he found?"

Granted I only skimmed I'm Fine's account but didn't he try to take both washed out trails to Kennedy Meadows?  Both are disastrous routes that no longer go thru as a current map may have shown.
Anyway, I believe that having to mobilize Search and Rescue is a disaster, as is hiking thru the snow for days without food.  Just because no one died doesn't mean it wasn't a disaster.  The term disaster also encompasses hardship.
Sincerely, Lollygag