[pct-l] Dispersed camping in San Jacinto

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 20:09:35 CDT 2012

I will be doing a weekend trip up in san jacinto this weekend starting at fuller ridge.  I spoke with the rangers and they only have spots open at round valley for camping both nights, which is ok for one night because I was going to set up there to hit the summit and return on my last day.  Does anybody know what the penalties are for dispersed camping in the state park and how strict they are/ how much the look for it?  I think my first day I could hike out of the state park into the national forest if I need to but I was thinking about trying to make it a more relaxed, low mileage weekend and keep it around 30-35 miles for the 3 days, but I can add a couple extra miles to get out of the park if I need to.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!