[pct-l] PCT Sawyer Squeeze Feedback

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 07:39:25 CDT 2012

i used mine for week on the AT in VT. I decided to carry the 2l bag. If i wanted less water I could fill it only part way. i also carried a small plastic cup to fill the bag (I had found it very slow when dipping water although fine with running water). The plastic cup cracked but was stiil usable. Next time i will try a paper cup or squishy cup or folding cup-I'll probably try all 3 on a short trip to see which works best.
I did run into a thru-hiker who said his bag had broken and was using his as an inline filter on a water bladder. It is also usable directly on a soda bottle.

it is not as easy to squeeze as I thought it would be but it is faster and  I prefer it to a pump.

hikermiker