[pct-l] PCT sleeping system

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Aug 28 19:55:53 CDT 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: John Abela <abela at johnabela.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] PCT sleeping system
>
> the Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight is
> going to continue to prove itself as a very popular backpack in the
> 2000-2800 cu range for many years to come.

Hey John, Gossamer Gear now has a new pack called the Kumo. It's
similar to the Murmur but with more features and better fabric. It'll
carry a heavier load a little better, too, which I think is really
important for thru-hikers who often end up carrying pretty heavy
loads considering all the food and water they need. You never end up
a very ultralight hiker in the end once your appetite kicks in and
once you realize you are strong enough to carry books and town
clothes and other little luxuries and not feel a thing.

Anyway, I've been able to test the Kumo and it's a really nice pack.
I've not fit very well in the Gossamer Gear packs, even though I've
used them--did my 2nd half of the PCT with the G4 and often cursed
how horrible it fit--but the Kumo is a way better fit compared to the
others I've tried. Almost fits as well as my ULA Relay which is my
favorite pack. Almost being the key word. ;-)

I'm a GG Trail Ambassador if that makes any difference to my opinion.