[pct-l] PCT Sleeping system

Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 03:11:33 CDT 2012

Rucksack?  Too small?  think light..  Get the goods you REALLY need to carry, then get the bag to carry them in.  Keep the old 'rucksack' til the last, then replace with a lighter one.

Spring

>From: patrick griffith <patrickjgriffith at hotmail.com>
>Subject: [pct-l] PCT sleeping system
>
>Hi All,
>My planning for 2013 is coming along nicely, next up : equipment.
>My
 main decision to make is what sort of sleeping system should i go for?
If possible i'd like to avoid a tent, on weight and cost grounds. I
think a bivy bag and poncho >combination will be sufficient for me, but
i'd like   to know what you all think.
>The other question i have is :
 what rucksack to go for?, my own rucksack has served me well over the
years but it is very old and worn out, and probably isn't big enough and
 so a >new purchase is on the cards, so your thoughts on options would be
 most appreciated. I've heard a lot about Osprey, ULA and Golite, but
want as much information as possible >before buying one!