[pct-l] Tyvek Groundsheet

John Abela abela at johnabela.com
Mon Aug 27 14:12:06 CDT 2012

I have been testing the newer "Type 14" tyvek, a softer a slightly
less heavy version of your standard tyvek, and it has proven thus far
to not be very good on wet ground. By the end of the night the
material ends up allowing water through and soaking the bottom of your
bag. I was hoping to be able to use it in 2013, going to have to give
it a big red "failed" mark in my book. Of course the problem with the
regular tyvek is its kind of heavy. You can double-up the GossamerGear
 Polycryo ground sheets and still be lighter than what standard tyvek
would weigh, and probably have a stronger/tougher ground cloth.