[pct-l] White Pass Trail Head

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Wed Aug 22 20:34:19 CDT 2012

Lost and Found

I've used these trail heads more than a dozen times both starting and ending section hikes and think this would be a good area for some trail magic even though the Kracker Barrel is right there and hikers will be picking up their resupply boxes there.

The the south trail head would be a good place to set up unless there are horse trailers/trucks in there at the time but I've only seen that once. At the south end you will not need much of a sign for nobos.... they'll run right into ya.

If your wishing to be there for a longer period of time the north trail head is at the forest service campground (White Pass Campground = $8 per night - no services) for Leech Lake and you could set up in a campsite 100-200 yard walk from the north trail head.

Other possibles might be:
   *Chinook Pass parking lot (ask the DOT because it gets VERY busy)
   *Just north of Potato Hill at mi2261.8 (last mile hard to get to with your car?)
   *Just south of Potato Hill at RD2259 - that is a paved road made for the military to get from east to west during WWII. (miles of gravel road to get to the paved road & dry and dusty)
    *Crest Horse Camp mi2206.5
    *Road 23 @ RD2238  (not sure of a place to set up there?)
    *Rainy Pass mi2599
    *Harts Pass mi2630

'til later
Jon

>Subject: White Pass Trail Head

>For those of you who know, is there a parking area where the PCT crosses US 12 at
White Pass? ?
>?I'm looking at suitable places to set up Trail Magic in Washington. ?Wherever it is,
needs to be accessible with Toyota sedan.