[pct-l] dehydrators

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Aug 20 20:00:08 CDT 2012

I have a cheap Ronco dehydrator and can do all kinds of stuff with
it. So if you can find one in a thrift store, you can get started
really cheaply. Get two if you can find them so you can do twice as
much.

I've made beef jerky and beef heart jerky, dried fruit and
vegetables, and using parchment paper, I've dried mashed sweet
potatoes and other pureed starchy root vegetables. Wax paper doesn't
work for this.

My jerky was just dried meat, no spices. I made pemmican with it. If
you want to try beef heart jerky, it's really good because heart is
really lean. Do a google search and the first Mark's Daily Apple
topic about it has the recipe.