[pct-l] Recruiting New Water Cachers!

Cat Nelson sagegirl51 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:49:41 CDT 2012

The PCT seems destined to be a National Bipedway like the AT. "Wild" will
commericalize the PCT at an accelerated rate. More new hikers will be on
the trail retracing those "Wild" steps. The government agencies touched
will need to gear up their staff next year and the years after in those
areas due to the "Wild" Effect, the synergy will touch every drop site,
water availability, enviornmental impact. EMT services, and tax the Trail
Angels.

I am Trail Angeling this summer and planning on going SoBo 2013. I resisted
reading "Wild" opting to read real trail journals. I used copy came my way
so I read it anyway. In my opinion, "Wild is a internal reflection written
many years after a genuine section hike experience. Sex, Drugs and Danger
always sell well in pulp. Mix that together with an ill
prepared, inexperiened, solo, mentally unstable individual, and you get
more than blisters, and lost toe nails. It's a good read, but it lacks
current, genuine, trail information. Lets hope those readers meet
experienced hikes on the trail next year while they carry their "Wild"
books into the wilderness.

SageGirl

--
*Cat*