[pct-l] Water caches

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Aug 12 13:58:44 CDT 2012

Watch out for replying to the digest.

A higher population of hikers doesn't deplete the natural water
sources. Most of the So Cal water sources come from a pipe stuck
right into the groundwater. So as long as there's groundwater there's
water to drink. A couple extra liters cannot possibly deplete the
entire groundwater. And you'll be surprised how often your water
comes out of a faucet.

50 miles IS doable without a water source. Not easy or pleasant, but
you could do it.