[pct-l] Third Gate Water Cachers

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 17:47:14 CDT 2012

As one who has helped them this past year, I truly salute them for getting that water to where it is definitely needed and wanted.

It's a thankless job, despite the few journal entries giving them thanks. These people give up their whole morning (in my case most of my day, with traffic
or more,) not to mention the extra time it takes to purchase or order the water gallons in advance.

A debate is going on now to determine how best to continue this service to the hikers. No one is even considering asking the hikers to carry their own water from Scissors Crossing to 3rd gate or Barrel Spring. At most, this discussion is centering on asking the hikers to walk down the hill to where the "cache" is being dropped, a 1/4 mile one way.

Get a grip and some facts.