[pct-l] I found freeze dried tofu!

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Apr 25 22:01:15 CDT 2012

I found real freeze-dried tofu at an oriental foods market. It was
white and similar to styrofoam. Very light. Soaked up water fast and
then had a consistency like the little tofu bits that come in instant
miso soup packets. Don't remember the brand since the package was
entirely in Japanese. I was always too afraid to eat it and carried
it on the trail for weeks. When I finally did try it, I was
pleasantly surprised how realistic it tasted.