[pct-l] mountain rescue of dog

Heike Carrel hcarrel26 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 13:08:51 CDT 2012

Subject: Re:  mountain rescue of dog

I agree. I always used to think that when I finally got a dog, I would take it with me on a thru-hike, but after reading so much about people seeing dogs with paws in poor condition and actually having experienced my dog having heat stroke after run/walking 10 miles (note: he showed no signs/symptoms until he just keeled over and seizured at around mile 10), I'd never take him on a long hiking trip like that (or now long runs in 75+ degree weather.) I love him too much to lose him.