[pct-l] Southbound from Canada into Washington, Ultralite Lawyer

eagletonjim at aol.com eagletonjim at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 19:47:50 CDT 2012

I took advantage of the Boundary Waters Treaty, in the 80's.? We assumed that it also applied to cross country skiers, as I didn't see any running water.?
I assume this is the exception people are referring to.?
?
It is my understanding that intent of the treaty is to allow Canadians into theU.S. ?boundary waters, as long as they return.? Similarly, US citizens can enter Canada and then return.?
I don't think the treaty strictly forbids the US from threatening big fines on its citizens when they return.? So, I agree, the border patrol is not being consistent.?
?
toc, Esq. (not really a lawyer but play one on the internet.)