[pct-l] Sierra Solo

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 22 12:27:12 CDT 2012

Sounds like a good book. I always remember "Into the Void". If you
haven't read that one, it's pretty harrowing. Climbers in the Andes,
one fell into a crevasse, the other had to cut the rope to save
himself. Was all busted up and had to crawl out. Took days. Not that
I ever think about that kind of stuff when I got out for a solo trip.
I think about that stuff whenever people bring up danger. When I'm
solo, I'm usually thinking about butterflies and wildflowers. That's
how I roll though. Carefree and perhaps a little stupid, at least
when it comes to rain.