[pct-l] Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60

John Coyle jcoyle at sanjuan.edu
Wed Apr 18 08:37:38 CDT 2012

I bought one of these new packs directly from Granite Gear in Minnesota.  For the last three years I have used a Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian, which weighed 3lbs 8oz with the lid.  It was a good pack, and it fit me well, but as I progressed towards a lighter backpacking style, I wanted a lighter pack.  So I got the Crown V.C. which weights 2lbs 2oz in regular.
The sizing may cause some people concern as the regular is listed for torso length of 18-21 and the large for torso lengths of 21-25.  There is an overlap with the 21 torso size.  A lot of people have a torso length of 21, so which size do you get? I am 6 ft 190 lbs with a torso length of 20 or 21 depending on who is doing the measuring.  Granite Gear recommended the regular for me, which I ordered.  I have used it on a 3 day backpacking trip, and it seems to fit me well, even better than the Meridian.  I like this pack a lot.  Does anyone else have this pack, and if so, what are your impressions.  Did you have any fit issues?