[pct-l] Olive oil

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Mon Apr 16 10:39:19 CDT 2012

On Apr 14, 2012, at 4:01 AM, sabi wrote:
> Olive oil, plain and with basil, is always in my pack - a smoothie bottle or
> some other small water bottle in a ziplock. Never had any leakage.
> I will try ghee as an alternative this time - in a small container as it is
> used for storing breast milk ;) (no, the artificial one!)

I've experimented with olive oil and liked it but found that it only
really works if you are having food shipped to you.  If you are purchasing
along the way it is really really hard to refill a 6oz bottle of olive oil.
You just can't find small bottles of olive oil in the grocery store.

You either have to split a purchase with other hikers, toss out most of
the olive oil, carry a huge bottle, yogi some from trail angel, etc.

Hmm.  Maybe olive oil would be a nice bulk item for trail angels to
have handy similar to the way that alcohol fuel is often available in
small quantities.

Radar