[pct-l] Fatalities on the PCT?

Prapanna Smith prapanna.smith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:39:05 CDT 2012

Yes, that was at Evolution Lake in early July.  I did the JMT that year and met Bob Kennan, who was the ranger in that area that year, and he said he was notified that a backpack was in the lake.  When he went there he found the body of a man there.  He tried to walk across the end of the snow covered lake, wearing snowshoes, and fell through.

Prapanna