[pct-l] re;shipping fuel

neil p. neildpetersen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 17:40:01 CDT 2012

Yes if you want to ship fuel it must be by ground and all priority is by
air. so ship by ground/any old box with the orm-d and it shouldnt be a
problem
-Queso

Message: 27
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:12:13 -0700
From: Robert Henry <rrh.henry at gmail.com>
Subject: [pct-l] fuel shipment via priority mail was rejected by USPS
To: pct-l <pct-l at backcountry.net>

I was under the impression that I could ship 8oz of fuel via USPS
Priority Mail in a box appropriately labeled, including an ORM-D
sticker, and saying "surface mail" to the clerk (the box was not
labeled surface mail/consumer commodity: my mistake).

The postal clerk just now rejected the box because "all priority mail
goes by air: you have to repackage this in a box which is not a
priority mail box and send it via normal ground mail".  So I trudged
home and am now sending this email to see what the experts here know
-:)

Robert Henry
Seattle