[pct-l] Wash state southbound in August

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Fri Apr 13 17:42:43 CDT 2012

We usually get the first few NOBO hikers middle to late August. SOBO
usually start arriving the first 2 weeks in July. That's giving 10-14 days
from Manning Park. There's usually more snow pack north Stevens than south
of here.  June 15th is a "ballpark" leave date SOBO. Best weather in
Washington is July 1st-Sept 15th. If next winter starts early you could
have your thru hike ended at Snoqualmie or Stevens Pass as early as Sept
25th. It's happened before.....it's a heart breaker.

PCT MOM