[pct-l] Don't text while you are hiking

treerings at gmail.com treerings at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:22:35 CDT 2012

This video captures a fleeting glimpse of the interface between humans and
the primeval. With each passing generation the gap between nature and
people increases, in the words of Julia Butterfly Hill. On the PCT we
willingly partially surrender ourselves to an element of risk. There's
no guarantee that Sasquatch won't tap you on the shoulder at 3am and
politely ask you for a game of Rummy. Many of us hike the PCT because we
know we are part of a larger system that is older than we are, that was
here before us and will be here after us. This perspective is lost until we
encounter a Ursus americanus in our driveway while awash in the land of
binary  pixels.

[Disclaimer: This message was sent while drinking white wine. The author is
not responsible for its contents.]

Treerings

--
"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy." -Spike
Milligan