[pct-l] Judge suspends horse packing in national parks(Sequoia-Kings)

Lee Staley leestcoast at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:50:41 CDT 2012

The issue is more rather whether or not a commercial pack trip or,I would guess, any commercially guided trip, or any other commercial activity, violates the intent and provisions of the Wilderness Act.  I don't think the suit it has anything to do with the use of horses per se.  Having said that, I suspect the the High Sierra Hikers Ass'n would like to see any kind of horse packing trip (even a "non-profit" trip) prohibited in a designated wilderness area.

Cruz Control