[pct-l] Is the iphone 4s

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Apr 4 22:51:49 CDT 2012

No I don't still carry a wood frame pack, a canvas tent, or cast iron pots.
Never did. I think most hikers switches to aluminum or old "tin cans" years
and years ago.
Over the years the new and ever lighter and improved gear have made
backpacking easier and thus attracted more people.

I carry a cell phone and often have signal -- sometimes there is someone I to contact; often not. Still it_  may_  come in handy for emergencies or just connecting with drivers for a pickup.

I usually carry a GPS and occasionally use it to confirm where I'm at or directions. Still I've hiked many miles before there was GPS.

I appreciate the disconnect from civilization on the trail so I minimize the connection.

For those who want to be constantly in contact I urge you to log off and sign off for a few days even at home. Will change your perspective on life.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.