[pct-l] is iPhone 4s all I Need

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Apr 4 22:16:52 CDT 2012

Went hiking this weekend in the wilderness behind Santa Barbara. The
iPhone's GPS didn't seem to work very well. We couldn't even use the
star chart app. When else would you want to use the star chart except
for when you can actually see stars? The phone couldn't tell where it
was so couldn't orient to the sky. It seems phones don't work very
well in the wilderness. I certainly wouldn't trust one for navigation
away from the city.