[pct-l] Lost hiker found

PNW Hiker pnw.hiker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:25:01 CDT 2012

I met this hiker above Whitewater reserve (former trout farm). He was
coming down the mountain after being turned back by snow.

He was unaware that the rescue people were looking for him. He thought
everything was resolved a few days before when he waved off a helicopter.
Upon learning that there was an army of rescue personnel looking for him he
asked me to call his wife an let her know he was ok as soon as I got cell
phone reception, which I did.

One suggestion to rescue personnel, if there are any reading this list,
please send up hikers to look for lost hikers - hikers who don't stop at
county lines.  It would have resolved this situation sooner.