[pct-l] General advice for a newcomer

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 4 07:44:32 CDT 2012

Mal,

Chuck's advice is excellent, as always.  As for permits, you should be able to get a permit during the week without too much trouble. A certain amount are reserved for walk ups, and some people cancel or no-show, and those become available.

If you do have trouble with a permit, you can always start out of Horseshoe Meadows. The advantage there is that you don't enter the Whitney Zone, plus it is far less crowded.

Have fun.

Gary