[pct-l] Is the iPhone 4S the only camera you need?

Tom Holz tom.holz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 22:21:20 CDT 2012

Smartphones can chew through batteries real quick, especially when the
GPS receiver is on or the phone is searching for a cell tower.  I even
carried an external battery pack for my iPhone to be safe, and I also
kept it in airplane mode during the day so the camera was easy to bring
up, avoided apps and GPS, and turned it off at night.  In the whole
course of my thru hike, I think my iPhone 3GS ran out of battery only
two or three times on the trail.

One of my regrets is not pulling out that phone more to record stupid
little video clips of life on the trail..  those would have been so much
fun to rediscover in twenty years.

Bigfoot