[pct-l] An idea for QR Barcodes

Daren Eiri dareneiri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:22:00 CDT 2012

Just came back from doing trail work in Section B. The last night brought
us strong winds and some rain, which my friend and I were not prepared for
(we went up without tents).

Anyways, on the way back down to the water fountain, I thought about
thru-hikers being able to use QR codes attached on the shoulder strap of
their packs so people could exchange information more easily. You could use
your phone, scan the barcode, and then instantly follow someone on twitter,
or be redirected to their website!

Here's one website that generates the code:
http://delivr.com/qr-code-generator

Here's a thread on BPL about using QR codes on trail signs:
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=49346

The simplest way I could think would be to make a button with your QR code
printed. Thoughts?? I searched my own emails to see if anyone brought this
up already. Apologies if it has been!

Daren