[pct-l] Most Common Causes of Thru-Dropout

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:12:46 CDT 2011

I wish I'd done that Charles.  I used it for rain, snow and sun in the
desert, but only twice between Whitney and Sisters, both times for hail
storms that  would have been fine with just my rain slicker.  WA was another
matter however, and I used it often and found the top of my body stayed so
dry I could keep shooting beautiful pictures from under the protection of
the umbrella, of those ghostly, foggy forests and mountains.  If I did it
again I'd have it for the deserts, and then ship it to Cascade Locks.  Then
again, the weather is so variable that this year when I rehiked WA, over the
same dates as last year, I carried the umbrella again and never used it in 3
weeks from White Pass to Manning.  But best guess is that after August 28
(according to Weather Carrot) it's good to count on rain in WA.

Shroomer