[pct-l] laptop or tablet on trail

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:37:29 CDT 2011

I just bought a *Nook *at Barnes and Noble ($139).  Now while that of course
is ostensibly an e-reader like the Kindle, you can take notes with it.  I
don't know how long a note can be though.  It is very light weight, big
enough (size of a paperback), and the batteries are AMAZING...Barnes and
Noble claims 1-2 MONTHS on a single charge.  The keyboard is touch pad and
works just fine...if you are keeping a journal, then I bet that would work
well. I got a small foam protective case for it too and intend to take it
with me instead of a book...hadn't thought about replacing a paper tablet,
but I bet that it could.

River