[pct-l] solar panels - useful or not?

Robert Kristoferitsch robert at kristoferitsch.com
Sun Sep 18 09:29:14 CDT 2011

thanks to you all!

great feedback in such short time... love this community!
halfmile, your tracks are fantastic and i really appreciate your work!
my habit is to gps-track all my trails by myself... my personal log.

i always use rechargeables so i'm used to my 2-day-limit.
it's right that lithium ones last longer... haven't thought about it... thanks!
maybe i'll plant some extra trees in austria to minimize my bad feeling about filling up the landfill with old batteries.

the next step is to find out how to write my journal and with camera i'll take with me.

yogi writes that everyone has a kind of luxury items...
mine will be my gps and some extra batteries :-)
so i still hope to become a thru-hiker in 2012 !

cu
robert