[pct-l] Suiattle Bridge

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:47:43 CDT 2011

We just came through that section.  The new trail is not connected to the
existing PCT, but only needs about 30 feet to do so.  It's very obvious just
as you come to the ford of the last little creek a mile or so before the
Suiattle.   It's about 6 feet wide and looks like a minor highway after what
you've been on.  It will take you 3 miles to the new bridge which is still
under construction.  The hand rails were not finished, but the construction
crew may let you across.  If not, there is a foot bridge just a short
distance from it that is usable.  I crossed on the log crossing and found
the old PCT leading up to it full of blow down and obstruction as it's not
going to be maintained any longer.  My buddy took the 3 mile walk to the new
bridge and says it's quite a nice work.  He crossed without incident as all
the crew were gone at the time.  It's definitely the safest way across, but
adds to the mileage.

Shroomer