[pct-l] What is a Thru-Hike Defined as Nowadays?

Hootie Martin hootie2006 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:27:40 CDT 2011

The list has been quiet of late so I thought I would venture a question that
may have a variety of answers in this diverse community of hikers.  So, the
question is, What is your definition of a thru-hike?  I ask, as in recent
years it would appear that the definition of a thru-hike and even that of a
thru-hiker has changed somewhat.  So, let's get some input from a diverse
community that loves a long trail and let's remember that there will likely
be a diverse set of responses and it really is a definition that one defines
for oneself.