[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 46, Issue 31

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Sat Oct 29 12:23:04 CDT 2011

Lisa,

I've been a casual carcamping Jetboil user for two years and have been
very satisfied with its speed and fuel efficiency.

I purchased a Jetboil Ti Sol this fall and was much less happy with it.
It burned out its heat spreader on its first Sierra backpacking trip and
burned my dinner from uneven cooking.  The thin cozy isn't nearly as
nice as the one on the regular jetboil.  The price was very high for a
poor cooking experience and damaged stove, so I took it back to REI and
got a MSR pocket rocket instead. Maybe I was just unlucky.

I've only used the MSR once so far; it was substantially slower to boil
water, but operated fine.

David