[pct-l] Defining a "THRU - RIDER"

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Oct 25 18:00:12 CDT 2011

Charles wrote:
P.S. Soon I'll be a "Thru-rider" as soon as I breed a big enough chicken.

Charles,
There is no need for you to wait until you breed a big enough chicken to
ride,  to be a "Thru - Rider".

Think ..."OSTRICH"...a huge bird than can outrun a horse and kick the
"crap" out of any bear that ventures into your camp site.
And guess what?....they lay eggs..."huge" ones.
All you have to do is strap a saddle on them and "rid'em" cowboy.
Switchback will be chocking in your dust when you gallop by him....on
the way to a new speed record.

You will be the first to "thru-ride the PCT on an Ostrich.
You will go down in history.

JMT Reinhold
The PCT historian