[pct-l] thru hike

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Oct 25 14:10:01 CDT 2011

Note that one is a "thru-hiker" while attempting  to do the entire trail in one season.  I was a thru-hiker until I got to Sonora Pass in 2010, then I became an unsuccessful thru-hiker.  When you complete the PCT in one season, you move from being a "thru-hiker" to having done a "thru-hike", in common usage.

In 2011 and subsequent years, I'm "just" a section hiker.

Mango