[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 46, Issue 21

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Thu Oct 20 12:28:32 CDT 2011

William,

As several people have pointed out, Wilderness Press has a series on Day
& Section Hikes on the Pacific Crest Trail.

The Northern CA, Oregon, and Washington volumes are available on Amazon.
For example,

http://www.amazon.com/Section-Hikes-Pacific-Crest-Trail/dp/0899975070/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319131484&sr=8-2

I am the author of the Southern CA volume, which is due out Spring 2012.

Some of my favorite regions for weekend backpacking trips on the PCT
include:

* San Jacinto area
* Holcomb & Deep Creeks (San Bernardino Mountains)
* Mt. Baden Powell area (San Gabriel Mountains)
* Owens Peak Wilderness
* Kennedy Meadows area

Happy hiking,

David Money Harris