[pct-l] Scott Williamson

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 21:04:26 CDT 2011

The Kelty Kid writes: This is a transparent ploy by Switchback to set a new record for a "fully supported" hike, assuming he can convince Scott to go along and carry him the entire way. Switchback's pink slippers may never touch the ground.
Switchback replies: This is an outrage.  My mountainman word and pledge has been besmirched.  My scared pledge to set a new PCT record in 2013 has been challenged.  Of course, there is some truth about setting the "Most Supported" PCT thru-hike record.  But my 2013 hike will NOT depend on any outside support what so ever.  None.  Zero.  Nada.  When I leave Campo that is all I will have when I arrive at Canada.  I might be a little sun burned and may be even a little wind burned due to the speed of my hike.  No problem.  A little suntan cream on the face and it will protect me from looking like Unsupported JMT Reinhold.  What if I got to Canada and I looked like a weather worn skinny Marine.  Now that would be a bummer.  Especially after setting an historic record.