[pct-l] To; William Aldelman Highlights of the Socal PCT? Best 2 day segments?

Karen Keller karen.kellerford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:40:19 CDT 2011

William says " My problem is that I don't have the luxury of
longer-than-weekend trips during the time I want to hike.
Maybe a couple of weeks at most during the summer and a week during
the winter.  Has anyone ever put together a list of great 2, 2.5 day hikes
on the trail?  Particularly in the Southern California area?"

 Special K replies: How many miles can you cover in 2 days, William? It
makes a difference. For example; Chihuahua Valley Rd to hwy. 74 was a
wonderful two and one half day segment for me this year. Most thru-hikers
hike that section in a day or a day and a half. Scott Williamson does it
before lunch! I can think of a whole bunch of wonderful shorter segments in
So Cal., whether they would be right for a weekend depends on your hiking
pace.