[pct-l] Backpack items

Derek Fohs derekfohs at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:42:50 CDT 2011

I bought a Cat's Meow in 1992 or '93 that I finally retired this year. It served me really well. I've done many snow camping trips in the Sierras and some Baja. I still use it to zip up with my wife's bag for car camping trips.

I replaced it with a new Cat's Meow which seems more lofty. But maybe my old one is just worn. The fill isn't as compressible as other fills but a compression sack works well. The new one might even come with a compression sack.

I also have a Gregory Shasta that has been bomb proof but weighs over 6lbs. I just bought for $135 an REI Flash 65 that weighs 3lbs. I'll use it for the first time next week. I was originally looking at the Granite Gear Blaze but the store didn't have them in stock.