[pct-l] Scott Williamson

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 07:58:26 CDT 2011

JMT Super Senior Reinhold writes: What some people don't realize, is that Scott did his hike the hard way, in a "true" backpacker fashion,...without a support  team, walking all the way, never accepting a ride into town, no short cuts, going cold, without a stove, hiking 41+ miles a day for 64+ days.  That is what I call........"HARD  CORE"   or   "HARD  TO  THE  CORE."  And with thirteen "thru-hikes" including two "yo-yo's" he is truly the undeniable, unquestionable, undisputable, king of the PCT.
Switchback replies:  I agree that Scott is the King of the PCT ------ for now.  That is why I invite him and any others to go with me for my new record breaking PCT thur-hike in 2013.  I absolutely guarantee that it will set the new record for going from Mexico to Canada.  And it will be a historic first.  Copious amounts of fun will be had.