[pct-l] Scott Williamson

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 06:02:00 CDT 2011

Hi gang,
Click on the wikipedia link below in Deems post to appreciate the
greatness and almost unbelievable accomplishments of Scott.
You will ask yourself how can one man only 39 years of age accomplish so
much.
He is truly one of Americas premiere backpackers and probably the most
humble person you will ever meet.

And yes Deems, Scott told me he is looking forward to attending the next KO.

Yes, Sam Fox has abandoned his PCT record attempt by skipping the Sierra
because he was not prepared to cope with the storm that hit the Sierra
last week.
He exited the Sierra at Echo Lake and reentered at Walker pass.
He started his attempt to late.
I told Michelle a month ago that Sam might get stopped by snow in the
Sierra because of his late start....and so it happened.
It just shows how planing and knowing the trail are ever so important
and can be key factors to failure or success and nobody knows the trail
like Scott.
Scott knew it is best to get through the Sierra before October.....Sam
did not.
Of course, because Scott's earlier start he had more snow to deal with
in Washington and Oregon.
Scott, told me he had to walk through snow most of the time on the
northern section of the PCT.
But, it is all part of the equation.

JMT Reinhold