[pct-l] To Trail Angel Doug from Ebbets Pass

Annie Mac mac5attack at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:48:00 CDT 2011

Doug,

You are the man.  You were seriously a super trail angel and you embody every other trail angel out there.  I had incredible experiences this year on my thru, and I could never forget running across the snow to your tarp set up along the pass and being SOOO excited for Captain Crunch cereal.  It was a super crappy section of trail, and there was so much snow and rotten navigation in the trees, and relaxing there with you was the best piece of magic you provided.  Somehow, you made it a little easier for me to get back out there, and you were definitely the highlight of many conversations from that point on.  I never got to see you further north when you went out with your brother, but I saw your open message to all the hikers you met at the soda cache register near the CA/OR border.  I hope you had a great hike, and I wanted to make sure that you knew that you are a complete saint on the trail and I remembered you for the next 1600 miles!  Thanks for everything that you, and every other trail angel does.  It was a really tough year out there, and I don't think any of us would have been successful had it not been for an amazing network of people cheering us on.  Thanks guys!

Annie
Class of 2011!